- Rawhide inc
- New London, WI
Youth Care Worker Wisconsin
Rawhide, where commitment and compassion meet. Located in the heart of Wisconsin along the scenic Wolf River, Rawhide is a faith-based, 501(c)(3) recognized charity offering programs for at-risk youth in Wisconsin. We offer residential care and outpatient mental health services dedicated to helping at-risk youth and their families lead healthy, responsible lives. Rawhide has redirected the lives of thousands of youth that have either lived on our residential campus or received services through our numerous outpatient counseling clinics.
Youth Care Worker
Do you have a passion to influence the next generation of young men?
The Professional Youth Care Worker (full-time) position provides direct-care support to the operations of the living unit by providing coverage in the homes and assisting the Living Unit staff (Houseparents and Resident Youth Care Workers) with the daily functions and objectives of the Living Unit. The Professional Youth Care Worker will provide leadership and direction of an alternative authority for Rawhide guys by taking responsibility for the care, training, and treatment of each youth in the home, and by providing healthy youth activities that encourage spiritual growth, enrich relationships, and stimulate personal development.
Each Professional Youth Care Worker will have an emphasis in three areas:
1) Encourage Rawhide student development through the use of group activities, the planning of yearly events as well as developing leadership skills in the youth.
2) Development and mentoring of the Resident Instructors.
3) Crisis intervention with youth through verbal de-escalation techniques.
This position typically works a non-traditional schedule. Please contact the Human Resources Department for details.
• Experience working with at-risk youth
• Strong personal commitment to biblical values with an ability to display these values in an exemplary moral lifestyle
• Ability to relate to an aggressive teen who has been in trouble with the law
• Assertive, self-confident, and sensitive in working with teens and staff
• Organized and dependable
• Possess a valid driver's license, without restrictions (except for glasses) and have a good driving record
• Demonstrate spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual maturity
Location: E7475 Rawhide Road, New London, WI 54961