- Global Connections to Employment
- Information Technology
- Monterey, CA
This is an AbilityOne contract which requires most work hours must be performed by
a Team Member with Significant Disabilities. Due to the program requirements, this
requisition needs to be filled by a person that meets the AbilityOne criteria.
The Information Technology Trainee is an entry level position to provide training,
development, and on-the-job assignments in software development and other information
technology functions. Candidates selected for this position will be placed into a training and
development functional program based upon aptitude, interest, and GCE business
requirements for software developer, quality assurance analyst, business analyst, systems
administration, or other information technology roles.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Education Requirement: High School Diploma.
· Interest and aptitude to develop skills to support information technology
functions, database, and web development functions.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
· Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements.
· U. S. Citizenship required per government contract.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
· Occasionally required to move 5 to 40 pounds.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary computer position for extended periods of
· Must be able to use hands and fingers to type.
· Must be able to reach with hands and arms for using a computer.
Interested applicants please visit www.gce.org and complete the on-line application. If you
require additional assistance, call 866-236-3981.
Description / Job Summary
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are
encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED