- Stamford, CT
Job ID: 1800000664
The Manager, IT Technology Risk Program is critical in supporting the collaboration of multiple areas within the first line of defense of the IT function. The role requires interaction with leaders within IT, Risk and Audit.
This is a role that will require daily engagement with multiple teams within IT, Risk Management, and Audit. This role requires specialized knowledge of IT as a risk management function that informs and partners with the business, while providing transparency. This position also requires strong Risk functional expertise combined with IT expertise. The successful candidate will be an effective collaborator, with experience building relationships and influencing at all levels within an organization.
Location: Stamford or any SYF location – remote work location considered for current SYF employees
- The Program Office Project Manager will be accountable for the successful delivery of all initiatives within Technology Risk Management and across IT for risk related matters including partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of Technology Risk projects/initiatives including: ideation, planning, and implementation.
- Delivery Milestone Accountability – develop master project plan for all risk related initiatives across organization including but not limited to calendar of executive routines and timely delivery of Sub-Committee deliverables
- Development and implementation of IT and Business Partner Engagement model
- Surveillance program execution
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years either IT, IT Risk, Operational Risk, Audit or * Compliance experience, OR in lieu of a degree, High School Diploma/G.E.D. and minimum of 5 years of either IT, IT Risk, Operational Risk, Audit or Compliance experience
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Project SharePoint, and Visio
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
- Project Management experience in a Financial Services organization
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Proven experience with partnering, collaborating and influencing across a large multilayered organization at all levels
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Proven experience handling multiple, and competing priorities across all stakeholder groups and effectively resolving competing priorities and interests with minimal disruption
- Confidence to raise concerns or challenge to achieve expected results
Influence and role model behaviors that will lead to a “STRONG” risk environment
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.