- Academy Securities
- Financial Services
- San Diego, CA
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to manage daily office needs and execute general administrative activities. The ideal candidate has excellent oral and written communication skills and can organize their work using tools like MS Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Google Docs/Sheets. Ultimately, a successful Administrative Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office. If you have previous experience as an Administrative Assistant and familiarity or interest in our industry, we’d like to meet you.
• Coordinate daily calendars of senior management
• Create reports and update internal databases
• Make travel arrangements
• Process expense reports
• General office support
• Answer incoming calls
• Handle front office reception
• Sort and deliver mail
• Support senior management staff
• Draft documents and presentations
• Order office supplies
• Assist in maintaining a clean and organized office environment
• Assist team with special projects
• Proven work experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar role
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Organized with excellent attention to detail
• Financial background/experience preferred but not required
• Ability to multi-task and be a team player
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office Products (excel, word, and outlook) and Adobe
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excels at operating in a fast-paced environment
• Open to direction and collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Persuasive with details and facts
Academy Securities is a broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Securities Investors Protection Corporation (SIPC), and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Academy is a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (“SDVOSB”) as defined under federal Small Business Administration (“SBA”) rules, a certified Disabled-Veteran Business Enterprise (“DVBE”) as defined by California statutes and regulations, a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in New York State, and a Minority, Women and Florida Veteran Business.
The business mission of the Company is to build a premier integrated institutional financial services company. Academy’s social mission is to benefit the growing number of post 9/11 veterans returning to civilian life with a specific focus on employment and career issues.
The Company has established rapidly growing businesses in the following segments of the securities industry: Public Finance (advisory, underwriting, sales, and trading); Equity and Debt Trading (agency execution); Equity and Debt Capital Markets (underwriting, distribution); Investment Banking (mergers & acquisition advisory, private placements).
The Academy vision is to bring together seasoned financial services industry veterans with U.S. military veterans. The resulting distinctive culture is designed to provide the highest level of products and services to institutional clients. Academy’s leadership espouses a well-developed code of ethics, integrity, team-based work, accountability, and professional excellence. The Company’s markets include institutional asset management firms, family offices, alternative asset funds, states and municipalities, and a range of private and public corporations.
Please apply at the following website: https://www.onewire.com/p-188292-Admin-Assistant.aspx