- Manufacturing & Construction
- Springfield, VA
Summary: To ensure that construction planning and management is accomplished efficiently and in compliance with federal, state and local code, other legal, and contractual requirements, consistent with Corporate goals, objectives, and policies consistent with Regulatory policies and programs.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with project managers on the development and review of project plans, estimates, costs, contracts, schedules, and resources.
• Develop and implements project controls and monitoring procedures to ensure the achievement of project scope, schedule and cost objectives.
• Collect, analyze and report on project data and costs from various stakeholders (e.g., engineering, procurement, construction, and accounting).
• Draft and monitor work schedules for significant construction projects and calculates schedule delays resulting from unanticipated events/risks or resource issues, and drafts revised project plans.
• Ensure adherence to quality and compliance standards, budgets, and project deliverables.
• Participate in regular meetings with Engineering and Construction crews to review daily/weekly work schedules and backlogs.
• Identify safety, communication and permitting requirements for all planned tasks and prepares area coordination plans as required.
• Monitor costs and determine variance to the budgeted cost plan.
• Ensure that materials and equipment resources are available.
• Identify, develop, and implement process improvements, including, but not limited to, project cost estimating process.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of engineering and construction experience.
• Without a Bachelor’s Degree: with a high school diploma/G.E.D. required and an additional four years of engineering and construction experience; or, with a related Associate’s Degree and seven years of engineering/construction experience.
• Working knowledge of pipeline construction; replacement; operations and maintenance; emergency response procedures and practices; or federal, state and local codes and regulations preferred.
• Leadership experience a must - Ability to establish rapport and productive working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Send resume to Maria E. at MErchul@Washgas.com or visit: www.WGL.com