- Redhorse Corporation
- Information Technology
- Arlington, VA
San Antonio, TX; DC Metro Area; or San Diego, CA
Redhorse Corporation has an immediate career opportunity for a GIS Professional who will function as the Common Installation Picture (CIP) Helpdesk/Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) Migration Specialist on a long-term engagement with the Army National Guard. The CIP Helpdesk/SDSFIE Migration Specialist will perform as part of an integrated team to develop, maintain, and report geospatial data layers depicting the built and natural environment for the Army National Guard (ARNG) to maintain Situational Awareness (SA) of real property and environmental assets. The data must be compliant with applicable Department of Defense (DoD) and Army Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) standards and specifications. The ARNG uses CIP tools to validate geodatabase geometry, schema, and attribution; then output data discrepancy reports. The CIP process is flexible and scalable, enabling the integration of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) into installation level GIS workflow and the rapid adjustment to new data requirements.
The CIP Helpdesk/SDSFIE Migration Specialist will implement a workflow for the QA/QC and aggregation of ARNG State/Territory geospatial data and metadata. The specialist will conduct reporting of CIP data, provide help desk support, update tools, support migration, and provide training.
- Aggregate CIP Data
- Conduct CIP Quality reporting
- Identify and recommend CIP tool modifications
- Update CIP from ArcGIS Desktop ArcMap 10.x software to the latest version of ArcGIS Desktop ArcPro software
- Update Geospatial Layer and Attribute Database (GLAD) application
- Conduct CIP training
- Field questions, troubleshoot problems, and ensure efficient submission of CIP data
- Support migration of Spatial Data Standards for the Facilities Infrastructure and the Environment (SDSFIE)
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (four years) and 5 to 10 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of GIS, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats.
- In-depth knowledge of SDSDFIE, ArcGIS, Data Reviewer, MS Access and SQL.
- Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, MicroStation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, SOCET GXP, etc.
Additional Preferred Requirements for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Background working with military customers.
- Familiarity with military structure and decision making.
- Demonstrated proficiency in communicating scientific/technical/policy information.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and to form and maintain effective teams.
- Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates.
- Position requires strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels.
Please apply online using link below: