- Information Technology
- Des Plaines, IL
Picis PulseCheck is looking for qualified candidates to help us on challenging projects utilizing InterSystems Caché, Ensemble, and HealthShare technologies. The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing software using Caché Object Script.
A computer science background, experience with web and/or desktop application development, and fluency in other, more “mainstream” software development languages such as Perl, Java, C#, and SQL will lend significant credibility to your resume.
Prior exposure to the healthcare industry, and the HL7 messaging format in particular, is also strongly desired.
- Collaborate with cross-functional development team members and product owners in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality and efficient software solutions.
- Analyze and document specifications and design efficient software application solutions.
- Assist in requirement discussions and development estimations for deliverables.
- Develop software that adheres to internal software development standards as well as best practices in the industry.
- Assist in developing test plans (based on specifications) and perform unit tests for new and updated software programs to ensure specifications and standards are met.
- Perform code reviews.
- Apply configuration management, version control, best practices and standards.
- Support, troubleshoot, and maintain existing software applications.
- Support problem resolution efforts by providing assistance to the support organization as needed.
- Research and evaluate the latest software technologies (including open source libraries and 3rd party products) for inclusion in the development process.
- Communicate status to team members and manager.
- 3+ years of experience developing interfaces utilizing Intersystem HealthShare
- CDA-based message formats (CCD, C-CCDA)
- IHE profiles including PIX/PDO,XDS.b and XCA
- EHR interoperability
- High comfort level with database design and architecture
- High comfort level with object-oriented programming
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work directly with clients
- Experience with file parsing (XML, XSLT, etc.) helpful but not necessary
- Healthcare experience strongly desired
- HL7V2/V3 expertise
- Experience building and consuming web services a plus
- Some web development experience (PHP, Perl, JSP, C#, etc.) a plus
Picis is a global provider of innovative information solutions that enable rapid and sustained delivery of clinical, financial and operational results in the acute care areas of the hospital — the emergency department (ED), operating rooms (ORs), post-anesthesia care units (PACUs) and intensive care units (ICUs). Picis offers the most advanced suite of integrated products and services focused on these life-critical areas of the hospital where the patients are the most vulnerable, the care process is the most complex and an increasing majority of hospital costs and potential revenue are concentrated.
Picis Clinical Solutions Inc. (Picis) is a division of Harris Computer, a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.