- Harris School Solutions
- Information Technology
- Albany, NY
A Quality Assurance Analyst fulfills an important role, working in the R&D Department, to ensure that new software development and issue resolutions are working properly and documented for release to our customers. High-level responsibilities include analyzing requirements, developing test plans, executing tests, documenting results, tracking issues and verifying that all information about each modification is documented correctly. The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan, executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The ideal candidate will have 2-3+ years of testing experience with strong analytical skills.
The Candidate will be working with our WinCap development teams. WinCap is a New York State school district Fund Accounting and Employee Administration software suite utilized by more than 200 school districts and all 37 BOCES in NYS as their solution to run their business offices. WinCap features both web based and client/server modules.
- Analyze software requirements and technical specifications.
- Participate in requirement and design review meetings.
- Develop clear and concise test cases including detailed expected results based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Execute complex functional, integration and regression tests.
- Manage defects discovered during testing activities, validate fixes and track defects to closure.
- Proactively communicate with team members, report progress or any show stoppers.
- Provide status updates to relevant stakeholders and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Analyze and report quality assurance metrics, such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Use a wide variety of software tools including writing SQL queries and verify data flow across various systems.
- BA or BS degree in Information Systems, Business, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of hands on testing experience.
- Experience in quality assurance of software applications (important asset).
- Experience with TFS or any defect tracking tool (significant asset).
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and SQL writing skills (important asset).
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence (significant asset).
- Strong analytical and detail oriented person with strong problem solving abilities.
- Participate in the improvement of the quality assurance process.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources (significant asset);
- You are a person with a team spirit and able to collaborate with others to achieve common goals, as well as to work independently.
- Experience in writing release notes.
- You can easily write texts to describe a problem or to describe a feature.
At Harris School Solutions (www.harrisschoolsolutions.com), we build software solutions specific to the requirements of schools. Our software suite enables us to bring comprehensive, innovative technology solutions to school districts nationwide.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran employer.