- Harris Local Government
- Information Technology
- Bangor, ME
Harris Local Government (HLG) is seeking an Application Consultant to join our TRIO product team. The successful candidate will be a liaison to clients who have purchased one or more products from the TRIO product suite. They will be responsible for implementing and training clients on our software packages.
This position will be focused on deploying the product in Maine and will require up to 75% travel to client sites. The individual selected for this role will be a highly energetic self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Candidate will possess project management abilities and will interact directly with our customers to understand project expectations and deliverables. They will provide live training sessions and webinars, and will escalate risk as it relates to the client and internal expectations.
- Providing a quality implementation experience to our clients; employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness.
- Managing project execution, to include management of project schedule, scope and risks.
- Performing training, consulting, and data verification duties.
- Learning, understanding and implementing a variety of software packages & applications.
- Instructing clients in groups or individually, including hands-on training, in the use of their applications, either on-site or in the local office training classroom.
- Designing, writing and conducting web-based instructional seminars for both current and potential clients.
- Identifying, communicating and pursuing additional revenue opportunities.
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively within a collaborative and cohesive, team based environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Positive, results oriented mindset
- Ability to multi-task effectively and to consistently meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time. Implementation projects in the HLG division are delivered within a short time period.
- Self starter with ability to work well independently and in groups
- Experience managing and/or coordinating projects of varying scale and complexity
- Experience with the following is highly desirable: Utility Billing; City, County or Municipal software solutions; AP, Finance, Payroll or HR interfaces
At Harris Local Government we are focused on our vision – creating an environment where our employees can realize their dreams both personally & professionally; creating an environment that supports customer loyalty by building long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our customers; and ensuring we have the underlying financial & business model that supports the continued investments required to realize our vision. Our growth is fueled by our focus on developing and acquiring financial management software solutions solely for the public sector. Our experience and expertise have enabled us to continually offer products and services that exceed our clients' expectations and meet their changing technology needs.
At Harris Computer, we are a financially strong, growing and stable company—one that provides leadership within our markets, commitment and integrity to our customers and employees and steady returns to our shareholders. Our longevity speaks to our success, we have been in this business since 1976 and our ability to adapt to our markets' changing needs ensure our future success.
Harris Computer is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran employer.