U.S. Army Staff Sergeant
20 years served
Seeking a career in government, policy, & international affairs
Provide services to soldiers transitioning from active duty to civil sector. Services include fostering partnerships in the furtherance of P3O office support services initiatives which are designed to build and maintain enduring employer partnerships and relationships and a furtherance of Soldier and eligible dependent employment. Assists transitioning Service Members from the Army Reserve and Active Army into the civilian workforce by aiding in resume development, interview skills, and forming employer partnerships as well as providing warm hand-offs to case management personnel throughout the United States for out of state referrals.
Job duties may include:
* Provide continual transition assistance and case management to military personnel, veterans and family members in their transition to civilian employment and education.
* Provide a broad range of services to include resume development/enhancement, job skills translation, job search assistance, employer portal registration, application process support and interview preparation through one on one sessions to ensure that personnel are prepared for civilian employment opportunities.
* Establish partnerships with employers, schools, service organizations, and community resources through networking events and career fairs to proficiently target eligible candidates for services.
* Assist in the coordination of career fairs, hiring events, luncheons, employer presentations, and information tables to secure connections between employers and transitioning personnel, veterans and family members.
* Collaborate with all stakeholders to effectively meet the needs of transitioning personnel.
* Gather and publish monthly performance standards and metrics on program eligibility, project missions, and accomplishments.