Please upgrade your web browser

These pages are built with modern web browsers in mind, and are not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 or below. Please try using another web browser, such as Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

Smart Decisions about Money

Career Advancement

The Financial Industry is wide open. The last 2 decades has seen very poor recruiting results. While this is a wonderful career which offers the fulfillment of helping people attain financial independence, the career also blesses one with their own financial independence.

Here is the opportunity: We live in the richest nation in the world and at the very same time have the highest rate of financial illiteracy in the developed world. The result of this has created what I refer to as the 95/5 dilemma. Did you know that only 5% of our society ever attain financial independence. The other 95% at age 65 are either dead, dead broke or financially dependent at best.

Those who are financially dependent rely upon family, friends, social networks, organizations, foundations, churches and at worst Government programs. The other 5% took the leap of faith and followed up on gaining awareness, financial literacy education and financial strategy work.

Becoming financially independent is like a jigsaw puzzle and all the pieces are put in place with the help of a financial concierge. Becoming a financial concierge is a noble extension of a military career that included sacrifice, commitment and ego strength. Those are the vey characteristics that make a successful financial concierge.

The Advocacy Network is focused on eliminating all forms of financial victimization, this is done by creating awareness, providing financial literacy education and helping people attain financial independence. Its a wonderful career for reacclimating Military members.

Any career choices that you consider need to allow you to transfer your burning desire to help others, be of service to people and have a mission. Don't overlook these principles in your search for a wonderful life after the military.

If you have comments or feedback about any article, please email your thoughts to

About the Author

Write an Article

We welcome articles on any subject that might help our veterans. Articles are especially useful in place of frequently similar responses, and can be linked in your replies.

Add an article